Hello all! Sorry I missed the deals for yesterday. Been worried deeply for a friend of mine. She is 33 and has had two strokes in a week. In spite of the strokes, she is doing fairly well. She will have to relearn many things, but her speech is coming along well. If you could, please keep Carrie in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you.
Needless to say, blogging wasn't top on my priority list. If I randomly disappear, that is why. I've been doubling up my dinners and taking her family meals as well as spending time with her in the hospital. Who likes to cook in a time like this? Speaking of cooking, the slow cooker meal is listed at the bottom, of course. :) I encourage you to cook a meal for someone who could use one.
* FREE recess ball for your child's school...
Help celebrate recess and your school could win $10,000! Click here for details.
* FREE Dog Tags for Kids Who's Parents are Overseas ... OK this is awesome. PLEASE check it out and spread the word. There is NO charge to the service member or their family for these tags.
Grocery, Health & Personal Care Limited Time Promos...
* Axe, Lipton, Slimfast, and other Unilever brands - Save $25 on orders of $75 or more. Use promotional code when you check out: FEB9UNIL Expires 2/28
* LaVazza Coffee - Save 15% (30% on Subscribe and Save orders) Enter code LAVAZZ77 at checkout. Expires 2/28
* Kitchens of India meals – Save 30% (45% on Subscribe and Save orders) Enter code KTCHENND at checkout. Expires 2/28
* Valentine’s Fragrances – Save $10 on orders of $59 or more of fragrance brands including Burberry, Ralph Lauren, Lovely, and more. Use code when you check out: FRAGFEB9 Expires 2/14
* Omron Health Monitors – Save $10 on orders of $49 or more of pedometers, blood pressure monitors, and more. Use code when you check out: OMRONFB9 Expires 2/28
I found this looks-too-good-to-be-true recipe from cdkitchen.com ...This seems too easy and sounds too good to be true. This will be my first time fixing this recipe.
1 1/2 pound pork, cubed
1 green onion, sliced
4 ounces can mushrooms, drained
1 onion, sliced
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
8 ounces can tomato sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoon vinegar
*Place all ingredients in crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. (My crockpot will probably only take 5 hours.)
*Serve over rice.
Head over to Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for more Slow Cooking recipes and to participate in Slow Cooking Thursday!
Have you ever made a meal for a family in need?